Tuesday, February 9, 2010
6 Reasons Why I Miss Being Pregnant
1. Raisins by the fistful, carrots by the pound, slender slices of steak, fanned, bloodrich, across the plate.
2. "To share" personified.
3. Lap swim at the pool where the old ladies with wrinkly arms did not dispense advice but watched alertly, protectively, over me.
4. A free pass—however briefly—to wear giant corduroy overalls.
5. The sleep, a freight train of exhale.
6. That day in Tucson, Arizona where we sat on a bench eating orange muffins and dared to sunbathe the stomach for just a second and the man who nodded and said, "Exactly."