Friday, May 13, 2011

Announcement!

I read voraciously. I read at least a book a week. I steal from sleep to read. I get antsy and desperate and unhappy when I don’t have a good book to read. Therefore, I’ve decided, now that it’s summer and I’m relieved of my teaching duties, that every week (or so) I’m going to recommend a good book on my blog. Mostly the books will be contemporary and American, but not always. Mostly they’ll be fiction and creative nonfiction, but not always. So many times people tell me they really want to read but when they go into a bookstore, they feel lost. They don’t know what’s a good book and what isn’t. I often recommend books to my friends, and have a sort of personal “lending library,” but I thought my blog would be a good place to share with the public lots of good books out there just waiting to be read.


•Each entry will be titled, Read This Book!


•I’m not going to use any sort of star rating system since I'll only recommend books that I think are wonderful and definitely worth reading.


•I’m going to give a quick review plus a non-spoiler summary, as well as three mini features for each book:


1. Favorite Line

2. Idiosyncrasies

3. Bottom Line


Look for the first one very soon!

4 comments: